Kryptor is free and open source file encryption software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Kryptor is licensed under GPLv3.
- File encryption using XChaCha20 (default), XSalsa20, or AES-CBC with 256-bit keys.
- Key derivation using the Password Hashing Competition winner Argon2.
- A unique encryption key per file derived from a password and/or keyfile.
- Secure keyfile generation. Alternatively, any file type can be used as a keyfile.
- Optional anonymous renaming of encrypted files and folders.
- Memory encryption to protect sensitive data in memory.
- Password sharing support using libsodium Sealed Boxes (Curve25519, XSalsa20-Poly1305).
- Built-in password and passphrase generator. Auto clear clipboard after copying passwords.
- Customisation of settings such as encryption algorithm, Argon2 parameters, light/dark theme, etc.
- Can be run offline and no account is needed. By default, there are automatic checks for updates, but this can be disabled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kryptor File Encryption
Kryptor Password Generator
Kryptor Password Sharing
Kryptor GUI on Linux
Kryptor CLI on Linux